About Me

My photo
"I'm a guy, I promise..."

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Realize


WARNING:
This post might seem a bit long so if u find it essay-ish just don't bother continuing.
No apologies for that matter.


I know it's a bit late for posting up my Macau trip, but I was short on photos. The trip was dead fun, after all it's a first-timer... Had to reach KL the night before and stayed overnight at my aunt's place and the van took us to the airport the next day. You'll be surprised that I was stupidly naive enough to think that we were heading for KLIA, which in fact turned out to be LCCT =.=" Looked more like a bus station as opposed to an airport. (it's AirAsia we took for your info, and the air hostess' all sucked.)


So... The plan was to stay one night at Venetian then spend the next 2 days in Hong Kong and the last day back at the Venetian. Weather's very gloomy and cool, which is my kind of weather actually. The Venetian really gave us the "wow" mood. My cousin who works and stays there (Macau) gave us a quick route to our room and we were off for dinner. Dinner was Portuguese cuisine...






Next day was a walk to the nearby shops for breakfast and the egg tarts were good enough till everone wanted to buy them back to M'sia. Got to the jeti after that and we took the ferry to Hong Kong and shit did I get a good dizzyness on it =/ HK was really cloudy, or maybe it's the haze... It's packed with people there, compared to Macau which was really quiet and peaceful. Reached our hotel, which was kinda... small. Anyways, left our stuffs in the room and headed to the IFC mall, in my opinion quite a classy one. Dinner was authentic Chinese cuisine.






Woke up and went for dim sum. Have you heard of any dim sum shops which only opens up at 12 in the afternoon? =.=" Met that cute lil boy during our walk. Shopping was next after our meal and that was when all the cash started popping out here and there. Everyone bought something, I got myself quite a decent pair of Nike tennis shoes. Had the biggest wanton of my life for dinner and it sure tasted good. By night time we took a ferry over to Tsim Tsa Tsui (sounds stupid in English) and took a walk there. My uncle and aunty missed the ferry back and we had to wait for them for like 20 mins on the other side.We munched up the sweet potato we bought in Tsim Tsa Tsui which cost us 18 bucks. Wth?? Tasted not that bad though.





Went back to the jeti better prepared this time. Got us (me and Siow Lee) a seasick pill, which knocked us off for a good 1 hour and the moment we woke up we were already back at Macau. Everyone let off a sigh as we got back to the Venetian, which was really understandable since the room was close to 4/5 times the size of our HK hotel. Cousin asked us to take a walk to the swimming pool and took us a good 600 metres (inside the Venetian mind you) to reach the pool. When it was night time cousin and her guai po fren Jennifer took us to the beach for French cuisine.







Last day was kinda reluctant. Went to the Macau central and did ourselves a last good chance of shopping. Lunch was Italian cuisine and after that we had to bid our cousin and Jennifer goodbye... Damn that moment wasn't really a good one. Bought alot of biscuits and we were back at the airport.




All that said, I think I learned one really important lesson throughout the trip there. It's not about where and which part of the world you're going to, but with who you're going with. For me, that "who" is my family... And that's what made the whole trip one of the best moments of my life.

















with love.











No comments:

Post a Comment